Chicken with Artichoke-Pepper SaucePosted: April 29, 2013
This is a very tasty meal, all of it made in one skillet. Pounding the chicken to the same thickness, cuts down on the cooking time. Quick, easy and naturally Gluten Free.
1 (6 ounce) jar of marinated artichoke hearts
1/2 cup of roasted red bell peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thick
1/2 teaspoon of salt
6 garlic cloves pressed Jarred garlic can be substituted
1/2 cup of dry white wine Chicken broth can be used instead
1 teaspoon of paprika
1/4 teaspoon of ground red pepper
1. Drain artichokes and keep the marinade. Finely chop and combine with chopped peppers.
2. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Add 2 tablespoons of artichoke marinade in a large skillet coated with cooking spray. Cook chicken at medium-high for 3 minutes on each side until golden.
3. Remove chicken from the skillet and keep warm.
4. Add garlic to the skillet and saute for 30 seconds. Add the the rest of the ingredients, stirring to loosen browned particles from the bottom of the skillet.
5. Add chicken and cover. Cook about 10 minutes or until done.
This is a great week night meal. Serve it over brown rice.
Adapted from Southern Living