Chicken with OlivesPosted: March 21, 2013
This is a Mediterranean-influenced dish that can be made with fresh herbs or take a short cut and use dried herbs and jarred garlic. The recipe is naturally gluten free.
2 teaspoon of grated lemon rind
1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoon of minced fresh garlic use jarred to save time
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast pounded to 1/2 inch thick
2 teaspoons of chopped fresh oregano
1/2 teaspoon of chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
Dried herbs can be substituted.
15 pitted Kalamata olives
1 large shallot,thinly sliced
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Combine first 4 ingredients and chicken in a large zip lock bag. Marinate 15 minutes at room temperature.
3. Put chicken and marinade in a broiler-safe 11×7 glass or ceramic baking dish coated with spray.
4. Sprinkle oregano, rosemary and pepper on chicken. Add olives and shallot. Top with sliced lemons.
5. Bake 35 to 40 minutes until done.
6. Broil on high 3 inches from broiler for about 3 minutes until browned.
This recipe can be made quickly with jarred garlic and dried herbs. If you have some chicken already pounded and frozen, it takes no time at all. I have made it both ways and did not notice much difference. This has become a family favorite. We like it with rice and broccoli.
Adapted from Cooking Light